Practice Lead - International Trade and Investment (Doha)
Global Counsel is seeking a Practice Lead to take charge of our work on international trade and investment in our new Doha office. We are looking for a motivated and capable individual with 6+ years of experience in international trade and investment, either in government, consulting or elsewhere in the private sector. The ideal candidate would have direct experience working with investors on greenfield projects or international corporate strategy in the Middle East. All candidates should be ambitious, comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and excellent communicators.
Role and responsibilities
- Leading a dedicated team in Doha and a wider international team in providing support and advice on international trade and investment.
- Managing the delivery of a complex programme, overseeing planning and execution, and tracking progress against plans.
- Identifying opportunities for attracting inward investment and for pitching tailored proposals to inward investors at a senior executive level and in a wide range of sectors.
- Providing advice on global FDI trends in both home and host markets and on new technological trends in sectors such as mobility, energy, materials, and agriculture.
- Supporting wider business development by GC in Qatar and the MENA region.
- Experience in government, consulting or elsewhere in the private sector, including some first-hand experience in trade and investment policy or promotion, or working with investors on cross-border greenfield projects or international corporate strategy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills in English. Foreign languages a plus, especially Arabic.
- Project management experience and evidence of having delivered professional work to tight deadlines.
- A degree in business, economics, political science, or international relations with a focus on international trade and investment issues.
- Availability to travel in the region and beyond, potentially on a regular basis.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and benefits, including private health and dental insurance, private pension, a personal training budget, discounts, and a bonus programme.
- The opportunity to work as part of a diverse international team operating from five offices globally, with a wide range of policy specialisms and professional backgrounds.
- Enviable office locations designed for collaboration, extensive support for remote working where necessary and opportunity for international travel.
How to apply
- Please submit your CV and cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role, for consideration by 14 May 2021 through the web form below.
If you have questions or require further details about the role, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.