Senior Associates and Practice Leads, international trade and investment, MENA (planned recruitment)
We are currently seeking CVs for Senior Associate or Practice Lead in potential roles which are likely to come onstream in Q2-Q3 2021. We are especially interested in motivated and capable individuals with experience in international trade and investment policy, either in government, consulting or elsewhere in the private sector. In particular, we'd like to hear from anyone with direct experience working with investors on greenfield projects or international corporate strategy in the Middle East.
In general, Senior Associates join with 3-5 years relevant experience, while Practice Leads join with 6+ years relevant experience. They are ambitious, comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and excellent communicators.
We will review CVs as they are received and contact individuals whose experience closely aligns with those of GC's business objectives in the Middle East.
Example of responsibilities
- Identifying opportunities for attracting inward investment and for pitching proposals to inward investors.
- Identifying and analysing new technological trends in sectors such as mobility, energy, materials, and agriculture.
- Delivering research and advice on global FDI trends, with a focus on Europe, North America, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Managing the delivery of a complex programme, overseeing planning and execution, and maintaining tracking systems.
- Analysing relevant areas of economic, trade and investment policy in major advanced and emerging economies and the opportunities this creates for attracting FDI.
- Supporting business development by researching potential clients and producing marketing material.
- Experience in government, consulting or elsewhere in the private sector, including some first-hand experience in trade and investment policy or promotion, or working with investors on cross-border greenfield projects or international corporate strategy.
- A degree in business, economics, political science, or international relations with a strong focus on international trade and investment issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Foreign languages a plus, especially Arabic.
- Available to travel to the region on a regular basis, or potentially relocate.
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits, including private health and dental insurance, private pension, a personal training budget, discounts, and a bonus programme.
- The opportunity to learn from experienced team members with a wide range of policy specialisms and professional backgrounds.
- Enviable office locations designed for collaboration, extensive support for remote working and opportunity for international travel.
If you have questions or require further details about the role, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.