Associate - Marketing (UK)
Global Counsel is seeking an Associate to join our growing marketing team. The successful candidate will support the delivery of GC's programming - including in-person and digital events, CRM management, social media strategy, tracking and reporting on results, and contributing to branding efforts.
The ideal candidate:
- Has an interest in media, politics, and campaigning. We want someone who loves or wants to learn about the global political and policy environment, and how to use marketing tools to advance Global Counsel's brand within it.
- Is adaptable and able to work in teams across the business. We are looking for someone who will work effectively not just within the marketing team, but across the organisation, including with our international offices.
- Has proven project management skills. Someone who can handle concurrent tasks effectively and lead independent projects.
- Takes a proactive approach to problem-solving and decision-making. Someone who is willing to learn new tools, suggest new processes, and take the lead on internal projects.
- Already has some relevant experience. We are looking for someone who has 2- or 3-years' experience in a marketing role, whether at a marketing agency or marketing/campaigns role such as in parliament or for a political party. We would welcome relevant applications from other marketing backgrounds (such as marketing research, marketing technology or communications agency-side or in-house).
Role and responsibilities
- Support the delivery of GC's content strategy, including: commissioning of blogs, podcasts, events; planning how to distribute to our client base or more widely; developing a social media strategy; supporting employer brand, etc.
- Work alongside GC teams to ensure the successful delivery of digital and in-person events.Take ownership of the tactics, messaging, and scheduling of GC's social media posts, as well as data reporting and analysis.
- Track and report on the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Play a key technical role within the team, taking charge of light photo, audio and video editing tasks, as well as scoping potential tools for the team to use in future.
- Support business development and CRM contact management.
Skills and profile
- Proven marketing campaign management skills is essential, preferably end-to-end.
- A commercial focus and the ability to turn in-depth written, audio and video assets into insightful but accessible marketing content.
- Experience in events management, digital or in-person, is highly desirable.
- Experience in data analysis and visualisation is highly desirable, at least at a basic level.
- Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce and HubSpot is highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Premier Pro and/or Illustrator.
- Rigorous and entrepreneurial research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
- Self-awareness and a strong commitment to professional and personal development.
What we can offer
- A competitive London-based salary with 20 days' holiday allowance plus bank holidays, 5 hybrid days, summer parties and discretionary Christmas office closures.
- A flexible hybrid working environment.
- A full package of benefits including pension, health & dental insurance, bonus programme, as well as company social activities, and EAP & wellbeing support.
- High-quality IT and ergonomic support for remote working.
- A strong professional development program including a personal training budget.
- The chance to learn from world-class advisers and political experts in a fast-growing practice and firm.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role, for consideration by 17:00 GMT on Monday 6 December 2021 through the web form.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview and to complete a written exercise. Successful candidates will then have a second-round interview, ideally in person in our London office, should circumstances allow.
We expect the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.