Senior Associate HR
Global Counsel (GC) is seeking an HR Senior Associate to support its growing HR and operations functions.
The successful candidate will be at least Level 5 CIPD certified, with a strong work ethic and preference for a fast-moving environment, exceptional attention to detail and ideas about how we can improve how we do things. Global Counsel is a growing company, with more than 110 permanent members of staff across our five offices (London, Brussels, Singapore, Washington, and Doha) and a network of consultants in various markets – a candidate with prior experience working in HR for an organisation of similar size and profile is essential.
The role will report to the Director of Finance & Operations, but with a line to the delivery and office administrative teams on certain tasks.
- Supports the implementation of HR policies and measures to improve staff welfare and morale in line with guidance from GC leadership.
- Partners with senior managers to support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develops and monitors overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Oversees and manages a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Maintains and improves pay plan and benefits program across all offices.
- Ensures legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Works closely with external HR advisors to ensure GC implements and follows best HR practices and has customised Health & Safety Policies & Procedures in place across all our offices and client contracts.
- Maintains GC’s HR platform, working with the wider team to develop and improve the system to make sure it grows with the team.
- Manages the recruitment and selection process, onboarding, inductions and exit interviews, and ensures the smooth delivery of these processes.
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working in HR function for a mid-size but fast-growing organisation. Preferably one with multiple international offices.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Interest in public policy or politics is great but not essential.
- Excited to be a part of a growing team, adaptable and looking to make an impact.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Level 5 CIPD certified or higher.
- A passion and proactive approach to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with ability to prioritise effectively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of online HR platforms.
- An understanding of the impact that HR can have on business objectives.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive London-based salary with 20 days’ holiday allowance plus bank holidays, 5 hybrid days, summer parties and discretionary Christmas office closures.
- A full package of benefits including pension, health & dental insurance, as well as company social activities, and EAP & wellbeing support.
- Competitive salary
About Global Counsel
Global Counsel helps companies and investors across a wide range of sectors to anticipate the ways in which politics, regulation and public policymaking create both risk and opportunity – and to develop and implement strategies to meet these challenges. Our work is backed up by high-quality analytical content and collateral that is politically and economically informed and builds quickly into executable strategy. Examples of our approach and focus can be found on our website.
Global Counsel has a firm commitment to reflecting in its own teams the diversity of the places we work and in building a workplace welcoming to all. Any candidate will always be considered in this spirit.
Our team is based in London, Brussels, Singapore, US, and Qatar supported by a network of partners in other key markets.
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.