CRM Database Associate
Global Counsel is seeking a CRM database assistant to join our growing marketing team. The successful candidate will support the maintenance and updating of GC’s network database, producing reports ad actionable insights for both the marketing and wider teams and helping set best practices across the organisation.
Role and responsibilities
- Take ownership of the maintenance and improvement of GC’s CRM database, including: contact imports; contact classification and clearance; report drafting for both the marketing and wider teams, both ad-hoc and periodical; business development support via our CRM system, etc.
- Work with the marketing and wider teams to research relevant contacts for events and other BD purposes.
- Work alongside GC teams to deliver detailed activity reports for database contacts and help action follow ups where necessary
- Take ownership of the cleaning of contacts, the consistent use of taxonomy, tags and lists across the organisation, and eventually the training of colleagues on best practices.
- Track and report on the effectiveness of marketing activities through analysis of cross-channel reports.
Skills and profile
- 1-2 years’ experience.
- Proven database management skills essential, preferably marketing or sales databases.
- Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce or HubSpot, as well as database software like SQL, is essential.
- A commercial focus and the ability to turn contact behavioural patterns into actionable insights.
- Experience in data analysis and visualisation is highly desirable, at least at a basic level.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- A motivated self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team.
- Self-awareness and a strong commitment to professional and personal development.
What we can offer
- A competitive London-based salary with 20 days’ holiday allowance plus bank holidays, 5 hybrid days, summer parties and discretionary Christmas office closures.
- A flexible hybrid working environment.
- A full package of benefits including pension, health & dental insurance, bonus programme, as well as company social activities, and EAP & wellbeing support.
- High-quality IT and ergonomic support for remote working.
- A strong professional development program including a personal training budget.
- The chance to learn from world-class advisers and political experts in a fast-growing practice and firm.
Global Counsel is committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our staff have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.